Today, for good or bad, online dating is one of the most popular ways to meet people. The popularity of Internet dating sites has added to this new way of getting to know someone. Nowadays, you can find dating websites for almost any interest. Whether you’re just looking for a Date Line or have some specific spiritual, lifestyle, or other needs, there is someone out there for you who is just a few mouse clicks away. And for those with few social skills it is an ideal way to get to know people. So, with all the great dating sites online today, it has become easier than ever to find someone
Of course, care must be taken when using the Date Line for this. The biggest difference between online dating and dating someone you meet in person is that you do not have the same ability to interact with them in person. You don’t have the same chance to look in their eyes and see if they are who they say they are. This is why caution should be used online. Common sense is absolutely essential when considering dating anyone, but more importantly someone you have met online.
Date Line Promo : Dating Methods and Tips
Are you looking for how to do online dating? You should know this is not rocket science. It is something people have been doing for years now and there are good results from it. As a matter of fact, there are up to 10 thousand marriages that happen as a result of online dating. So if you are considering it, know that it is not a bad venture, it might just be the way to follow for you to find your soul mate too.
It is pretty hard to walk round the world looking for prince charming or miss cutie. It is also going to be a miracle for you to meet up to 10 people daily and get talking with all 10 on issues that has to do with relationships. Some people are even out rightly shy while some can't even handle physical rejection. The internet provides a platform for such people to express their interest, contact as many people as possible and make a choice for whom to settle with. It is like sampling and choosing.
* Always ask for recent pictures of the person. Identity thefts are everywhere. People use other people's pictures. However, if you keep asking for new pictures and the person can't provide it, then there is something wrong. Be careful.
* Be courteous. Some people may be out rightly stupid and dumb online but you have got to learn to be nice to everyone. There are ways you can ward people off without abusing them. Be nice to as many as you can.
Above all, follow the tips provided by the online dating site you are using on how to do online dating safely and you will not have problems. All the best.
If you date men or women long past the point when you are still exploring whether or not s/he is your ideal match, take heart! You are in the vast majority of people around the world. This phenomenon is not regional, generational, or related to education, or socioeconomic circumstances.
Being willing or able to recognize that someone is a good match or not a good match for you, and stop dating him or her, seems to be a universal dilemma.
Let's review a few Dating Basics:
· Dating is a process and you are dating to find your ideal match.
· Recognizing that the men or women you are dating are not a match for you is the point of the dating process.
· It is highly likely that you will date a number of people who will not be your ideal match and that many of the people you are dating will recognize that you are not their ideal match.
· Ending the dating process is the only next logical step to take if we agree that the point of dating is to find our ideal mate.
Let me tell you a story that makes this much more complex than a philosophical question:
I have a young colleague who has been dating a woman for a number of weeks. They enjoy each other's company very much. They share common interests and have a good time together.
Clarify your values, needs, beliefs and the vision you hold for you life. Appreciate everyone who comes into your life and weave the threads of the connection you had with them into the rich fabric of your life.
Learn to say goodbye so you can use your physical and emotional energy to attract the man or the woman who will make your heart sing every day for the rest of your life.
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!
Copyright Dr. Jackie Black 1999-2005
If you like this article, please read more about
Dr. Jackie's relationship dating advice and help for issues and problems.
This article may be re-published with appropriate attribution to the author including name, web site, email address and telephone number.
Dating Customs Around the World